Today I am tickled.
Not in any dirty or questionable way.
But in a - huh, this life's so funny - kind of way. Not even sure WHY it's funny, but you have to admit that Jim Carrey makes it funnier.
I mean, just watch this classic:
A little ashamed I just put this on my website actually.
And to be honest, you probably figured out how old I am just by looking at this.
But oh well...
I think's life funny that way. Jokes aside, we all want to improve ourselves at any price - which we then hate to pay - but don't really think about the circumstances. And what's improved anyway???
- Are you really a better writer after you've gone to school for writers where they told you how to write and you did?
- Are you really a better person for making so much money online when there are children dying out of thirst somewhere?
- Are we really so great when we're constantly glued to our screens?
- Does the fact you do hacks make you a hack?
- Do you even feel good right now???
You say what's improvement. You have a compass, don't you?
(And no, I don't mean the Golden Compass, although I would love for something to tell me exactly what's happening around me and what's to come. Instead of everything happening so fast it's as if it happens TO me.)
Just don't give excuses or blame others.
- If you lived it, you allowed it.
- And if you allowed it, you did it.
- So your life is your doing, all of it.
And if you didn't do it, then you spent your life on autopilot. Which is even worse. Let's stop this blabfest now. It's getting serious.
Maybe I can salvage it?